Friday, November 30, 2007

More healing

3 weeks and a day since surgery, and it's been a good week. It seems like every day I notice something good, some kind of progress. Today I'm going in for 20 minutes on the bike. I did 15 minutes again Wed, but I really "hammered" it, relatively speaking, still on minimum resistance. The upright bike is much easier. Walking is going well too, gait is pretty normal. If you saw me walking, you might just think I was sore from jazzercise class.

Update: did 20 minutes on the bike, the most I've sweat in months. It was challenging and the hip was tired afterwards. Averaged 600cal/hr. For comparison, my lactate threshold (pre-surgery) was about 1100cal/hr on the elliptical. Ah, the elliptical... never thought I'd look forward to jumping on that thing. Next week....and I get to aqua jog too.

No comments: