Saturday, November 3, 2007

Less than a week before surgery

I can feel my right hip. It reminds me every now and then that it's there and still screwed up. I haven't run for weeks yet it hurts when I do certain things. Today I carried a ladder, and there was something about the way it made me lean that caused it to flare up. Friggin hip.

I'm looking forward to the surgery. It's feels good to have a plan, finally, after weeks of research and indecision. Sure, I'm a bit nervous. There's a fair chance that it won't help, but I'm focusing on possibility that my hip will recover and I can return to the level of running that I enjoyed before. That's the main reason I'm doing this. The pain isn't that bad-- even when I run, it's not that bad as long as I keep my runs below 15 miles. But I fear it's getting worse. And I've read there is a strong link to what I have (femoro-acetabular impingement or FAI) and early osteoarthritis. I definitely don't want that.

No comments: