Friday, February 29, 2008

AT&T

Thursday I went to the trail and did about 2.8 miles 2/3 walk/run. And I felt good afterwards, no pain at all really, but as the day wore on, I could feel some soreness, but not bad.

Friday morning I aquajogged for an hour in Barton with Shannon and Liliana. Good times, forgot what we talked about though-- baby names? parenting? pot? hmmm....

I almost forgot--- The weekend before last was the AT&T marathon here in Austin. I ran it last year and PR'd by a significant amount, so it's a special race for me. (to be fair, I've only run 2 marathons, both here in Austin, but last year was a new course and new sponsor with more hills than previous years...) I met Shannon at a coffee shop and we biked around the course cheering for people. Brian Sell was running the half, and we got to see him at mile 12 flying at some sub 5:00 pace. He was about 2 minutes ahead of 2nd place. Incredible and inspiring. We eventually settled around mile 24 on the course and yelled for a good hour or so. Mile 24 is tough-- you are almost done, but 2 miles seems like forever. It was fun reading the runners' names on their bibs and giving them personalized cheers. The weather was good for spectators, which means it was too hot for the runners. It wasn't too bad though and I heard lots of good marathon stories afterwards, some of them were PRs, but lots of them were just good runs, and that's what it's all about, really..... Saw Megan, Erine, Amy, Pat, Alex, Kevin, Fletcher, and others....everyone looked happier than you'd expect after running 24 miles.

No comments: