Sunday, January 10, 2010

F-ing satisfying

It's been a month now since my, uh, I'm calling it my "breakthrough" run. A couple weeks ago I ran 16 miles over 3 runs. Last week we were vacationing in Mexico and I scaled back to 12 miles. I'm slowly bumping up the volume each week because I'm curious where it's going. I'm not being cautious though--- I'm being pretty "stupid" actually--- I'm pushing hard--- going all out, finishing as hard as I can, which is surprisingly fast, faster than I've run in years, and significantly faster than I've ever run since my first hip scope 2 years ago. Why am I pushing so hard? Good question--- I guess because I'm sick of being slow, and I'm sick of negotiating--- if I'm going to run, I want to really run. So what gives? I'm trying not to think about it too much. I could wake up tomorrow and not be able to run because I'm being careless, but right now, I'm able to crank out some really fucking satisfying miles with little or no pain. Fuck yeah.

No comments: