Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kinda lame

Well, the soreness that was developing in my last post got worse through my recovery week. I was hoping to hit it again this week and log another 25 miles or so, but I'm lacking a clear direction on where to take it. This has happened at least a couple times-- a big chunk of progress followed by a readjustment period. It apparently takes more time these days to realize gains in volume, pace, etc. Two steps forward one step back.

I feel compelled to bike more, but it's hard to find time during the day with a newborn. I got out Sunday during Banjo's nap and rode about 30 miles at 2:00 in the afternoon. It was hot. I froze my water bottles, but ironically, the extra heat didn't melt them fast enough! I got pretty dehydrated. bleh...........

No comments: