Monday, August 11, 2008

Definitely lame

It appears that the hip is in worse shape than I thought. I took all of last week off and then ran 2.5 miles on Saturday pushing Banjo-- despite taking it slow and limiting the distance, the soreness was there, not bad, but bad under the circumstances. Sunday I felt OK, and feeling somewhat inspired by the olympics, I tried to run 4 miles, but at 2.5 miles into it, I had to start walking because things weren't feeling right. I'm not sure what this means in the long term-- but I'm not going to run in the coming weeks. My patience for this is running low.

I'm assuming I can still bike reasonably well. Logistically, it's more difficult mostly because I can't ride at night. I've been looking at trainers-- devices the turn your bike into a stationary bike. Some hook up to your computer and allow you program workouts, etc. Sheesh, has it really come to this?

1 comment:

Sports Herniac said...

hey rich
how are things going?
john the sports herniac