Friday, January 25, 2008

Recovery week

On Sunday I went for a long walk with Lucy and Banjo, fairly brisk pace for 52 minutes, another post-surgery PR, but I probably overdid it because Monday my hip felt pretty crappy, worse than it's been in a long time. So I decided to make this a "recovery week" and take it easy.

Tues: 8 minute of stationary bike, 21 minutes on elliptical.

Thurs: Did 20 minutes of walk/run on the treadmill at 8% incline, 4 minutes walking, 1 minute running at 11 minute pace. Felt OK, but the 11 minute pace and the soreness afterwards put me in a bad mood. i.e., it wasn't what I was expecting by now-- i.e., when I saw "running" on the rehab schedule, I had something else in mind, like, uh.....running.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't do those runs on the treadmill - Seeing the pace is too demoralizing. Sorry that the recovery isn't going quicker, but hang in there.

Rich said...

Thank you for that-- you're right.... I'm a huge number nerd....