Thursday, January 10, 2008

Less pink

9 weeks out, I think I can see where things are headed. I can extrapolate my recovery line into the future and see that this is going to take a long time. I can probably run mid Feb as the rehab calendar says, but it will be lots of time, lots of workouts, lots of building up, before I can run for, say, 45 minutes at a time. I can see myself running in the future though, and that is good. I told myself before surgery, trying to look at this whole thing squarely, that it was like starting all over again, but it's actually worse. Each extra minute walking, biking, stair climbing, etc isn't exactly hard fought, but it requires significant consideration and planning. If taking up running were this tedious, I wouldn't have started running in the first place....but then again I wouldn't know what I was missing either (what am I missing exactly?) My desire to run, wherever the heck it comes from, is still there, and apparently quite robust. It drives me. But I'm frustrated. Anyway, just trying to be real about this. I feel like I've been painting things slightly pink in this blog.

No comments: