Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's cyclical, I think

It's been a good week. I think I put in 19 miles over 3 runs. Each run I pushed pretty hard, which isn't what you're supposed to do..... but it was fun. Yesterday I ran 7 with Jorge and Fletcher on the trail in the snow--- it was actually snowing in Austin yesterday. The temp was in the mid 30s.... sorta unpleasant. My legs and hip felt good and I finished fast, dropping below 6:00 for the last 800m. It was the hardest I've run in years.

For a couple weeks my legs were dead, hip was sore, I didn't have any get-up-and-go on the bike. But things are good now. Maybe I just needed some time after increasing the weekly volume.....

I still have an occasional pain in the hip, usually after a run. But lately I've gone for days without feeling anything bad from the hip. And it's not uncommon for it to feel better after a run. My new hip theory--- it's cyclical. Right now I'm in a good cycle. I'm not sure how long it will last, but it will end, as will the bad cycle that follows....

I signed up for the Cap10K in April. I have about 7 weeks to get ready. Really looking forward to racing again.... last night I dreamed that I ran a marathon. It took me all night. I woke up tired. Still, it was sweet.....

2 comments:

freeheelfun said...

Isn't running in the snow awesome? Not sure you ever really get the full experience in Austin but it used to be my favorite way to run--something about the impact is just right.
Glad you had a good few weeks of hard runs...I'm sure you'll be on track for your race.

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Great news!! Cyclical or not, pain free running is lovely. Happy for you!