Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I like the gym

I finally made it to the gym. I think the last time I went there was in March. I went for a 40ish minute affair during lunch--- no biggee. Not much has changed, but they have better smelling soap these days-- less Drakkar Noir and more cool cucumber, natural essence.

I focused on core exercises and did a 20 minute bike. I feel good now. I'll be back thursday.

I also talked to my doc yesterday to ask him what my recovery should look like. I'm no longer using any crutches. My hip feels better now than it did the day before surgery. He was happy to hear this of course, but he wants me to take it easy for 6 weeks while my femur rebuilds it's strength. There is a risk of stress fracture in the femoral neck because of the bone material he removed. But at 6 weeks I can start my tentative running sched--- starting with walk/runs, etc.

No comments: