Sunday, June 1, 2008

Run-bike-run-run-bike-run-bike

I've clearly been slacking on the blog lately.... I've logged every workout since my surgery here in my ramblings-- can I remember what I've done for the last 2 weeks since I got the bike? I doubt it matters too much.... What I've done in the last couple weeks is mix the biking and running-- run mon, wed, thurs, sat, and bike tues, fri, sun. It's a fuller schedule than I'm used to, and I'm sure that I'll deviate from it. I've had some good runs-- last thurs I ran on the trail for 30 minutes and did the last 2 miles at 7:30 pace, which was kinda stupid, but I wasn't pushing it, just running by feel....sorta.

The biking has helped with my hip strength-- biking is good for that it seems-- it emphasizes the quads, hips, buttocks, all that upper leg area. The day after biking my hip usually feels good. Today I rode 40 miles with a biking friend. It was fun-- we linked up with some other riders and did some good natured chasing, or whatever you call it when some guy takes off and you try to reel him back. I was able to hang with them, but I didn't do any of the pulling. I was paranoid I was going to overdo it and have to call a cab. I ended the day with a little in the tank, so that was good.....

No comments: